To all our Clayton friends and family:
We are now offering First-Run Films and taking the necessary steps daily to provide a safe clean environment for all of our guests.
The following are the things you can now expect when visiting The Clayton...
- We now offer online ticketing for those interested in contact-free payments. Tickets will still be available at the Box Office window, but you now have the option of purchasing tickets online to reduce exchanging cash at the box office window and lower physical contact until requirements are eased.
- To ensure a safe environment for our staff and guests, masks must be worn upon entering
or moving throughout the building. Once seated, your mask may be removed to enjoy the show and your delicious concession purchases.
- Staff members will be wearing masks while serving and assisting customers.
- You will be given a concession menu when entering the building and we ask that all moviegoers go directly to their seats. When there, you can decide what concessions you would like to purchase and send one person from your group to the lobby to make your purchase. This will lower congestion in the lobby and allow people to move more easily
through the building. If needed, sanitized trays will be available for you to carry your purchases
back to your group.
- The aisle seat of every other row in the theatre will be marked with yellow tape to signal that the row is to remain closed. You may not sit in any seats of these marked rows. They must be left empty to comply with the 6' social distancing requirements.
- When choosing your seats, please leave a
three (3) seat distance between your family and the next to help us comply with the 6' social distancing requirement.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the
first-floor main lobby and on the second floor,
just outside the restroom areas. Both areas are easily accessible when going to and from
the second floor and balcony level.
- The main lobby and second floor have been freshly painted and the entire theatre has been professionally sanitized. In addition to our
normal cleaning practices, all seats, armrests
and touchpoints throughout the theatRe will now be cleaned and sanitized between shows.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized before, after, and at least one time during every show to maintain a safe environment for our guests and staff.
We want everyone to have a pleasant experience when visiting The Clayton, and with your help following these practices we hope to ensure a
safe visit for all.
Thank you for your support and we wish you continued good health and happiness.
See you at the movies!
Joanne Howe, Owner
The Clayton Theatre
The Best Little Movie Theatre
Now Celebrating our 71st Year!
As Delaware's ONLY
single-screen theatre still in operation, The Clayton Theatre offers today's moviegoers a rare opportunity to see first-run
movies in a charming
We offer Fresh Hot Popcorn,
Ice-Cold Sodas, and a vast
array of the most popular
Bring the family and enjoy the
hometown experience with
Friendly Service and
Box Office: (302) 732-3744
OPENING FRIDAY 10/09 THRU THURS., 10/29
THE WAR WITH GRANDPA (PG)
Our audio description devices provide an alternative soundtrack that narrates the description of a film's key visual elements. These visual descriptions are inserted into pauses in the film's dialogue. Not all films offer audio descripitive accessibility. A driver’s license is needed as a security deposit.
For digital film screenings, assistive radio frequency (R.F.) listening devices are available at the box office and may be used from any seat in the main theatre. A driver’s license is needed as a security deposit.
When films are equipped with closed captioning, we offer closed captioning devices (small, easy-to-read LED screens) for patrons who are deaf or hard of hearing. A driver’s license is needed as a security deposit.
An Open Caption screening is available for every digital film we book. Click on our Calendar page for OC dates and times for our current feature.