To all our Clayton friends and family:
We are excited to reopen for the Summer of 2020! Due to the current restrictions and our desire to give you a great movie experience in a safe environment, there will be some changes in our daily procedures.
What can you expect???
- We now offer online ticketing for those interested in contact-free payments.
Tickets will still be available at the
Box Office window, but we encourage you to purchase tickets online to reduce physical
contact until requirements are eased.
To ensure a safe environment for our staff and guests, masks must be worn upon entering or moving throughout the building. Once seated, your mask may be removed to enjoy the show and your delicious concession purchases.
- During peak times, to help reduce congestion in the lobby area, we may ask that customers entering the theatre go directly to your seats. We will give you a copy of our concession menu as you come in and you will be able to place your initial concession order from your seats. Once the
movie begins, if you would like additional snacks, you are welcome to put on your mask and visit the concession stand for your purchases.
For latecomers and those waiting in the lobby for your turn at the concession counter, we ask that you maintain the required 6' social distancing
practices for everyone's safety.
- When choosing your seats, please leave a 3 seat distance between your family and the next to comply with the 6' social distancing requirement.
- Staff members will be wearing gloves and masks while serving and assisting customers.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the
first-floor main lobby and on the second floor,
just outside the restroom areas. Both areas are easily accessible when going to and from the balcony level.
- The main lobby and second floor have been freshly painted and the entire theatre has been professionally sanitized for our re-opening. In addition to our normal cleaning practices, all
seats and armrests will now be cleaned and sanitized between shows.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized
before, after, and at least one time during every show to maintain a safe environment for our guests and staff.
We want everyone to have a pleasant experience when visiting The Clayton, and with your help following these practices we hope to ensure a
safe visit for all.
Thank you for your support and we wish you continued good health and happiness.
See you at the movies!
Joanne Howe, Owner
The Clayton Theatre
The Best Little Movie Theatre
Now Celebrating our 71st Year!
As Delaware's ONLY
single-screen theatre still in operation, The Clayton Theatre offers today's moviegoers a rare opportunity to see first-run
movies in a charming
We offer Fresh Hot Popcorn,
Ice-Cold Sodas, and a vast
array of the most popular
Bring the family and enjoy the
hometown experience with
Friendly Service and
Box Office: (302) 732-3744
NOW OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK!
PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS ONLINE NOW!
Our audio description devices provide an alternative soundtrack that narrates the description of a film's key visual elements. These visual descriptions are inserted into pauses in the film's dialogue. Not all films offer audio descripitive accessibility. A driver’s license is needed as a security deposit.
For digital film screenings, assistive radio frequency (R.F.) listening devices are available at the box office and may be used from any seat in the main theatre. A driver’s license is needed as a security deposit.
When films are equipped with closed captioning, we offer closed captioning devices (small, easy-to-read LED screens) for patrons who are deaf or hard of hearing. A driver’s license is needed as a security deposit.
An Open Caption screening is available for every digital film we book. Click on our Calendar page for OC dates and times for our current feature.